Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fear Conquered.

As many parents know, it is a daunting task to conquer your fears and attempt to cut your baby's delicate and fragile nails without taking off a finger tip and forever marring your child. As for us, we have had the luxury of having a sister, who has the experience of four children behind her and the surgical accuracy and tenacity to be able to cut any baby's nails without even batting an eyelash. Overcoming both our trepidations and terror, Debbie attempted this enormous feat of precision and has perfectly manicured our little princess's delicate hands. Those who wish to congratulate her may do so by commenting on this post.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, okay I am late getting onto this but I will add that this is very impressive. I cut part of Taylor's tiny baby finger the first time I tried this and never did it again on either girl. They have since become nail biters after seeing mommy nervously knaw with fearover many of the angst ridden decisions that come with parenting. Nicely done Debbie.

Laura Ellsworth said...

Well, I'm even later in adding congrats. I think I'm getting progessively worse with Elise's nails -- each time I cut them they seem to be more ragged & rough than when I started! So my hat is definitely off to you. ;-)